Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Formal introductory letter

Dear Professor Fazilah,

My name is Ng Zi Jun and I am 23 this year, I took a diploma on Sustainable Urban Design and Engineering, at Ngee Ann Polytechnic. I have always been fascinated by the intricacies of designing and building a functional and sustainable urban environment, and my diploma course was the perfect way for me to explore this interest. I believe it is important to consider the environmental impact of our actions and work towards creating a more sustainable future, and I look forward to continue my studies in this field of engineering.

One of my communication strengths is my ability to relate to others. I try to understand and empathize with their perspective, this allows me to understand and communicate more effectively with them. This strength has been particularly useful in my studies and in group projects, where I have been able to build strong relationships with my classmates and collaborate effectively on assignments.

However, my weakness in communication, is nervousness when communicating. Sometimes I feel nervous when speaking in front of others or presenting my ideas, which can affect my confidence and ability to communicate effectively. I recognize that this is something that I need to work on in order to become a more effective communicator in the future.

One of my goals for this module is to improve my presentation skills. I want to be able to present my ideas in a clear and concise manner and to be able to do so with confidence. I also aim to improve my writing skills. I want to be able to communicate my ideas and thoughts effectively in writing, and to be able to express myself clearly on paper.

In conclusion, I am determined and goal-oriented and this could be what differentiate me from the rest, I try to focus on excelling in my studies and future career. I am grateful for the opportunities that have come my way and am excited to see what the future holds.

Yours sincerely,

Ng Zi Jun (Mr)


4 comments:

  1. Dear ZiJun,

    After reading your letter, I think we have common goals in mind. You have expressed yourself really well in terms of your aspirations and goals for the future.

    In general, you have met the objectives of the assignment and the sentences are coherent and concise. Not going to lie, I can't wait to see your future projects.

    I hope you'll achieve your goals for both this module and your future aspirations.

    Cheers!

    Damien

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Zi Jun

    I found your introductory letter to be well-written and enjoyable to read, being able to effectively cover all the necessary pointers. The flow of the letter was smooth and the examples that you gave was clear allowing me to be able to understand the message you were conveying.

    I know that you will be able to overcome your weakness and I cannot wait to see it happen. Thank you

    Yours Sincerely
    Terron Chua (Mr)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Zi Jun,

    Your letter is straightforward and well organised, it was simple reading through as everything just connected. I relate to you as we share the same weakness and are aiming for similar goals. I believe that as long as effort is put in, you will overcome your weakness too.

    I wish you all the best, and I hope you get to achieve the goals you have set for yourself.

    Regards,
    Melody

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Zi Jun

    Your letter is well-crafted and organized, it was a pleasure to read through. I strongly believe with the guidance of Professor Fazilah we will improve our communication and presentation skills.

    I wish you all the best, lets improve together.

    Yours Sincerely
    Wang Bin

    ReplyDelete

Critical Reflection

I have learned many valuable skills from this critical thinking module that I believe will be useful in the future. The goal I set for this ...